Wednesday, March 16, 2016

What Author Should I Read Next?


"What else do readers of _______ read? The closer two writers are, the more likely someone will like both of them. Click on any name to travel along."

Looking for a new author to explore? Have a student who could use a suggestion or two?

The Literature-Map website is designed to provide readers with quick access to other authors they might potentially enjoy. The reader types in the name of an author he/she enjoys, and the Literature-Map produces a web of names. Each name on the map is an author similar (in some way) to the submitted author. As the tagline says, the proximity of the names visually tells the reader how likely they are to enjoy both of them.

(I tried it out with a few authors I enjoy, and it provided me with some other names I know I enjoy, as well as new ones to explore.)

Like that? The Global Network of Discovery also has a music map and a movie map. Check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment