Thursday, October 29, 2015

Academic Passion Planner - 1/2 Price Today!


We live in a very technology-driven world, and I will readily admit that I am a digital girl, which led me to switch exclusively to a digital calendar four or five years ago. At the time, the transition was very painful. I loved my paper high school planner so much that I searched for it online and diligently ordered it each fall to use during college, grad school, and my first few years of teaching. But I made the switch. And I was happy. Or at least, happy-ish.

Recently, however, I have begun to miss that old paper planner.

I miss using my colorful, ultra-thin pens to color-code my schedule, even though I have been able to do a variation of this with my digital calendar. It just isn't the same.

I miss being able to flip through the weeks to glance back at the events that have passed.

I miss writing down my to-do list and the satisfaction that came with physically crossing-off a task. (I have been known to add a task after it has been completed, just so I could cross it off. Paper planner people...you with me on this one?)

And my bookshelf misses those volumes that were lost to the digital world. In many regards, my old, paper planners act as a journal for my years. And I miss that.

Enter the Passion Planner!

mintsprout:july 26 - aug 1 | first week trying out my new Passion Planner! ✨ i totally recommend this for anyone with a packed schedule; it kept me productive all week and i really enjoyed customizing it!if you guys see this post and are gonna buy one of these sweet planners, it’d be great if you could enter my email as referral at checkout: xsaruh@gmail.com. thanks so much! :”)

Today, I am going back to paper, and I'm ordering a Passion Planner! Why today? Because I've been waiting for them to go on sale, and for today only, the 2015-16 academic Passion Planners are 1/2 price. (Just FYI in case you want one or you know someone who might want one.​..)

Here are a few reasons why I'm giving Passion Planner a try as I switch back to paper:

1. Size: I can get either a full size or a compact size, and while I haven't quite decided which one I want, it looks like either choice will give me the room I need to record everything that I want to write.

2. Time Slots: The days have time slots. I like to have the hourly lay-out as opposed to a blank space for the day.

3. Hours: The hours start earlier and end later than other planners I have seen.

4. Daily Focus: The top of each day has a spot specifically reserved for the day's focus.

5. Weekly Focus: Each weekly spread has a weekly focus spot, too.

6. Celebrations: There is a special block of space to record the good things that happened that week. We can never celebrate the good stuff too much.

7. To-Do Lists: Yes. Lists. There are TWO weekly to-do lists: one for work and one for personal.

8. Me space: The bottom of the right-hand page of each week is empty. I can utilize it however I want.

9. Appearance: The binding and cover are much more professional looking than my old spiral-bound planner.

10. Smashability: I don't think that is a real word, but I'm going with it. I have seen many people use these planners as smash books. Check them out on the Passion Planner blog.

Lastly, they have a referral program. If you refer three people, you get a free one. As I am already purchasing one for myself, I'm looking to earn one (or two!) to give to a new teacher! I'd love to be able to gift a planner or two to a colleague. If you happen to purchase a Passion Planner after reading this post, I would be very grateful if you would please list me as your reference at check out. Please use this email address: margaret.dalton@k12.sd.us

Many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment