Monday, March 30, 2015

DWP Summer Institute 2015

Dakota Writing Project

The DWP Invitational Summer Institute is in the works! Very few details are out at this point, but here is what I know:
  1. This has been some of the BEST PD in which I have participated. It is for ANY teacher who wants to look at using writing more effectively in the classroom. (The summer I participated, the teachers ranged from K-college, and included PE, science, social studies, and art, as well as English.)
  2. The dates are set: June 8 - July 2, 2015. The group meets Monday through Thursday.
  3. The ISI takes place on USD's campus. Typically, teachers can choose to commute each day or to arrange housing in Vermillion. (I opted to commute each day with another Sioux Falls teacher, which I really enjoyed. We were able to spend time bonding and processing the information from the day.)
  4. One of our own SF teachers will co-direct - Meghan WoundedHead!
  5. Teachers can earn 6 graduate credits for completing the ISI.
As I learn more, I will try to send out information. In the meantime, you can watch the DWP ISI website or contact DWP director Michelle Rogge Gannon at mrogge@usd.edu.

Image result for writing project summer institute

No comments:

Post a Comment